This update is recommended for all. The tuner driver has been updated to improve tuner lock and performance, and recording related bugs have been addressed. You can download the software below, and update yourself using a USB stick, or if you prefer, please contact us and we will send you a USB stick with the update and printed instructions.
Please note that the file below "Plaza_HDR-S_v1.1.1.zip" is a zip file and should not be placed directly on a USB stick. You must first unzip the contents. Using Windows, right click on the file and choose "Extract All". On a Mac, just double click the file. The contents will be extracted to a folder with the name "Plaza_HDR-S_v1.1.1".Open this folder and you will find a folder named ''update''. Copy this folder to your USB stick and then follow the inlcuded PDF upgrading instructions.
v1.11 (from v1.0.7)
• Updated tuner driver to improve tuner lock and performance.
• Fixed intermittent selection of wrong session when changing channel with low or no signal.
• HD simulcast recordings with invalid event information are now disallowed (stability improvement).
• Fixes for various record clash errors.
We've been delighted with all the positive feedback for the Plaza HDR-S, but there is no doubt people felt the original remote control lets it down. Since the start of the year all stock has been shipping with a new and improved remote (pictured), but if you have the old remote, simply contact us us with your serial number and we will send one out to you free of charge.
The serial number is on both the base of your receiver and on the side of your product packaging and looks like this:
This is a non-critical update that updates the HDMI drivers for increased compatibility with new TV drivers. Only upgrade if you have experienced any audio/video problems when connecting the Plaza HD-S to your TV via HDMI.
• Updated HDMI drivers
This updated software brings the On Demand channels ITV Player and The Space to the Plaza HD-S. It is recommended for anyone with an earlier software version that has connected their receiver to the internet. There are also assorted minor bug fixes and improvements. As requested by many users the HDMI audio has been boosted so that it is now level with the sound from most TV's internal analogue/digital tuners as well as external sources. A full list of changes is detailed in the Change Log.
Please note that v1.45 was a limited release to enable us to gather feedback ahead of making this final v1.46 release.
You will need a USB memory stick to perform the upgrade. The stick should be formatted FAT32, and it is recommended there are no other files on the stick other than the upgrade file.
Due to some of the changes we recommend that all users do a full factory reset after upgrading. Please follow the instructions provided in the included document “Plaza HD-S Upgrading Instructions v1.3.pdf”.
• Improvements made to improve switching between MPEG audio and Dolby Digital audio.
• Lip-Sync Delay has been modified to a maximum of 200ms as this is the maximum reliable with Dolby Digital
v1.45 (from v1.39)
• Supports ITV Player which can be launched via freesat channel 903.
• Supports On Demand channel “The Space” which can be launched via freesat channel 908.
• Fixed an issue where the SCART audio left/right outputs would only output audio in mono.
• Fixed an issue with Auto Turn Off, Auto Turn On and Auto Standby timer functions that would cause them to work intermittently.
• Fixed an issue where pressing back to cancel the programme reminder prompt would not work correctly.
• Increased HDMI audio output level to bring it level with the sound from most TV’s internal analogue/digital tuners.
This is a minor software update and is only recommended for those who are experiencing problems with the interactive channel "The Space". You will need a USB memory stick to perform the upgrade. The stick should be formatted FAT32, and it is recommended there are no other files on the stick other than the upgrade files. Instructions are included with the download.
v1.0.7 (from 1.0.5)
• During first time install and tune, Tuner 2 now defaults to the same Transponder as Tuner 1, allowing a proper comparison of the signal levels for both tuners.
Following first time install, if the box is turned on from Low Power Standby (Low Power Standby is after 10 min of switching to standby) Tuner 2 will then default to freesat’s home Transponder or to the next channel that is scheduled for a reminder or recording.
v1.0.5 (from original factory release v1.0.3)
• Fixes for the interactive channel 908 “The Space”
We apologise for the downtime during the transition to our new website but we are excited to bring you the new, streamlined Manhattan website.
There is no longer any need to register an account to access the support system or downloads. Downloads for products (e.g. User Guides and Software Updates) are all now listed in the right hand column on their respective product page.
If you encounter any problems on the site, please do contact us.
We hope you like the new site.
The Plaza HDR-S freesat+ digital satellite recorder with BBC iPlayer & ITV Player is now available.
The first reviews are in with What Satellite & Digital TV issue #315 awarding it their prestigious gold award. They concluded:
"Manhattan is making a habit of producing affordable Freesat receivers that rise above the normal budget fare.
The Plaza HDR-S is an excellent bread-and- butter recorder, with a great performance and efficient PvR facilities but it has excellent additions to the menu system to make it simple to use and to make the most of its facilities. What’s more, the HDR-S offers enough nods towards non-Freesat use to keep the casual enthusiast happy."
joinfreesat.co.uk have also published an excellent review, awarding the Plaza HDR-S 8/10 and concluding:
"In conclusion, this is a straight forward, easy to use receiver suited not just for low/mid range market consumers, but the enthusiast too. It effortlessly accesses channels with excellent picture and sound quality and recording is straight forward...
If you want a Freesat+HD receiver that is logical, user-friendly, easy to navigate and just does the basics very well, then I’d struggle to find a better option from the current range than the Manhattan Plaza HDR-S."
Please visit the Plaza HDR-S product page for more information.